Examination of periphery blood vesselsLook for appointment times
We recommend the examination if you suspect having a vascular disease or if you would like to consult with our vascular surgeon, Dr. Tiit Kivistik, about previous diagnoses or treatments of vascular disease. The examination includes an assessment of the condition of the vascular system, an analysis of health complaints, an objective check-up and measuring pulse in the extremities.
The doctor will assess whether the complaints and symptoms might stem from a vascular disease, i.e. will perform a differential diagnosis of cases (the differentiation of various vascular diseases). During the examination, the doctor will measure the indirect blood pressure of arteries (ABI test) and/or perform the Doppler ultrasound test. The purpose of these tests is to get a clear understanding of the condition of blood vessels and to suggest a specific plan of treatment and of action. The aim is also to propose a method for treatment and the most suitable clinic and physician for it. Based on this examination, the doctor will also give recommendations about how to prevent future problems from arising or worsening.
What does the examination include?
- Complete assessment of the vascular system
- Doppler ultrasound test
- ABI test (diagnostics of the arteriosclerotic changes in the arteries of the legs)
- Vascular surgeon’s assessment of the condition of the blood vessels
- Treatment plan together with suggestions for its implementation and advice
When is the examination recommended?
- If you suspect of having a vascular disease
- If you would like to get an expert opinion on your existing diagnosis
- If you want your treatment plan evaluated