Anal area laser hair removalSee available time slots
Anal area laser hair removal is a medical procedure performed to prevent inflammation caused by ingrown hairs in the anal area. This treatment method for preventing pilonidal cysts helps to avoid the need for surgery, in which hair is removed from the infected area to prevent the recurrence of infection. Laser hair removal after surgical intervention for pilonidal sinus disease reduces the risk of recurrence in the long term. Laser hair removal is also recommended as an additional treatment after surgical intervention to avoid further surgery.
The procedure is quick, simple, and free of complications. Laser hair removal destroys the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding tissue, preventing the formation and growth of new hair. The laser beam is absorbed by the hair follicle, heating and immediately destroying the pigment-containing cells. As a result of laser hair removal, hairs start to fall out and the percentage of their regrowth decreases by 80-99%, provided that the procedure is performed at least six to ten times at four to six-week intervals.
Who is suitable for the service?
Laser hair removal in the anal area is indicated for patients who have risk factors for the development of pilonidal cysts: dark and coarse hair, male patients, sedentary lifestyle/work, obesity, excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), family members with a similar condition (genetic risk factor), previous pilonidal cyst development.
Contraindications for laser hair removal
- Open wounds, active inflammation
- Acute cold, fever, active herpes
- Skin diseases in the acute phase
- A large number of moles in the hair removal area
- Prior consultation with your doctor and specialist is necessary if you have cancer, immune system disorders, diabetes, epilepsy, HIV infection
- The procedure is not performed during antibiotic treatment (at least one month must have passed since the end of the treatment)
- At least six months must have passed since taking photosensitizing drugs (such as isotretinoin, and retinoids)
- The procedure is not performed during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- For those under 18 years of age, the procedure is performed only with the consent of a parent or legal guardian
Contraindications are relative, and the final decision about the procedure is made by the specialist during a personal examination and consultation shortly before the procedure.
How to prepare for the procedure
- Shave the hair in the hair removal area one day before the procedure (the hair length should not exceed one to two millimeters on the day of the procedure).
- Avoid tanning at least two weeks before the procedure, including in a tanning bed (risk of pigmentation).
- Avoid plucking and waxing the hair during the laser hair removal course. At least four weeks must have passed since plucking and waxing.
- Avoid using cosmetics/creams in the hair removal area on the day of the procedure.
- As the laser beam only works on hairs in the active growth phase, the procedure must be repeated at four to six-week intervals. The procedure must also be repeated because one procedure alone is not enough to completely remove the hair.
What to consider after the procedure
- The skin may be red, which usually disappears within two to four hours.
- Avoid going to the sauna or swimming pool or taking a hot bath for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid tanning for at least two weeks after the procedure, including in a tanning bed (risk of pigmentation).
- After the procedure, a soothing hypoallergenic cream (such as Bepanthen or Panthenol) may be applied to the hair removal area.
Home exfoliation can be used to reduce ingrown hairs. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that clog pores and cause ingrown hairs. It also reduces inflammation. There should be at least one week between exfoliating and laser hair removal.
What is the advantage of Confido laser hair removal?
We have trained and reliable healthcare providers who are experts in their field. Patient-centered and evidence-based treatment is our top priority. We are the official experts of laser medicine in the Baltics. At our clinic, procedures are done only by licensed medical professionals who use expensive, cutting-edge, world-class equipment. Therefore, we can offer patients high-quality and safe results with minimal discomfort.
We provide this service
Service: Anal area laser hair removal