Light therapyLook for appointment times
Light therapy is a treatment in which the skin is exposed to controlled artificial light. Protein synthesis increases blood flow and reduces the productivity of the sebaceous glands. This reduces the inflammation and redness of the skin. At the same time, collagen production increases, resulting in more elastic skin, fewer and smoother fine wrinkles and tighter skin.
Light therapy enhances the treatment of acne, pigment spots, seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea, couperose and eczema.
Different light wavelengths have an impact on the skin. The red light device used in the Confido clinic does not use infrared radiation, thus preventing heating of the skin layers and sweating. Instead of infrared radiation, the device uses soft deep red light at the best wavelength of 660-670nm with an optimal time and dose that ensures fast and effective skin recovery.
- accelerates collagen and elastin production
- reduces and smooths fine wrinkles
- increases skin elasticity
- lessens the productivity of sebaceous glands and inflammatory processes
- reduces redness and pigmentation
- improves skin tone
Chemical peeling with light therapy
The use of light therapy during a chemical peeling enhances the results of the treatment. Acid peeling or chemical peeling removes dead skin layers at a controlled depth and stimulates the reproduction of new, healthier cells as well as the production of water-binding substances in the skin. By treating the skin with light therapy, the effect is greater and the result is better.
Chemical peeling with light therapy is a technique that has been practiced for decades. Light improves and stimulates the natural cellular metabolism, speeds up the blood supply and oxygen transport in the skin, reduces the production of sebaceous glands and thus reduces the formation of inflammatory foci in the skin. It stimulates the production of collagen and thus has an effect on fighting the signs of ageing; as the production of collagen increases, the skin becomes plumper, fine wrinkles are reduced and the skin tightens.
Skin health depends on several factors – one of the most important of which is proper skin care. Although our skin is our largest (protective) organ, it cannot remain strong and vital if we don’t take care of it. Our beauty specialist will help you choose the best treatment according to your skin condition and needs during a consultation.
- Chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Viral infections of the skin, incl. herpes in the active phase
- Use of strong prescription medicines
- Use of medicines that increase photosensitivity
- Hypersensitivity of the skin or eyes
Almost all of the above contraindications are relative and the final decision on the procedure will be made by the specialist during the personal examination and consultation before the procedure.
- Do not sunbathe or go to the solarium for at least five to seven days before the procedure
- Avoid active sports for one day before chemical peels
- We suggest using the products recommended by the specialist for skin preparation one to two weeks before the procedure
- If possible, come to the procedure without make-up
- At least two weeks must have passed after filler injections and other injection procedures
- Procedures are well tolerated and complications are rare
- Do not sunbathe or go to the solarium for at least seven days after the procedure
- Do not wet the skin for five hours after a chemical peel
- Avoid active sports for one day
- Avoid going to the sauna, including steam baths and swimming pools, for two days
- Avoid drinking alcohol at least on the day of the procedure
- Do not use active cosmetic products, aloe vera extracts or preparations containing essential oils
- It is not recommended to use makeup products for 12 hours after the procedure
- After chemical peeling, mild redness may occur for up to one day and mild scaling in some areas for 1-2 days. The resulting skin flakes should not be removed mechanically.
- After one to three chemical peelings, the skin may be temporarily aggravated.
- Use care products recommended by the specialist.
- It is recommended to continue having the procedure regularly in order to supplement and maintain the result.