- Analyses 6
- Nutrition 7
- Packages 5
- Personal training 5
- Workout classes 4
Lactose intolerance packageLook for appointment times
When to suspect lactose intolerance?
Possible symptoms indicating lactose intolerance include abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, excessive gas and bloating, diarrhoea, occasionally also vomiting directly or a few hours after consuming lactose-containing products. The severity of the symptoms depends on the amount of dairy products consumed and the remaining activity level of the enzyme lactase. Lactose intolerance symptoms and their severity levels vary and can overlap with symptoms of other conditions, including the irritable bowel syndrome and celiac disease.
What does the package consist of?
- 2 blood tests – the results help to find answers to the above questions.
- Written explanations of the results – the results come with explanatory comments.
- Lab doctor’s telephone consultation – a lab doctor will contact you to explain your personal results and give advice regarding future steps, if necessary.
How do I prepare for a sample?
- Refrain from eating and drinking 12 hours before giving the sample.
- Reserve at least 1 hour for giving the sample. During the procedure, you will be taken three venous blood samples in short intervals.
- To take the lactose intolerance test, you are asked to drink a lactose solution. When people with lactose intolerance drink the solution, they may develop abdominal discomfort already when taking the test or during the day of testing, including excessive gas and bloating, diarrhoea, etc.
In order to interpret the analysis results, we recommend remote consultation with a doctor.
NB! Venous blood is taken 3 times at small intervals. Please allow at least 1 hour for the service.