- Oral and maxillofacial surgeon
- Infectious disease doctor
- Family and general physician
- Internist-thrombosis doctor
- Laser therapy doctor
Birthmark examination (Dermtest)See available time slots
Melanoma is a dangerous type of skin cancer which can develop from birthmarks and is curable if diagnosed early. The Dermtest birthmark examination is a simple, convenient, and reliable teledermatoscopic examination, where the birthmark or other skin irregularity is photographed with great magnification and sent to a dermatologist-oncologist for reading.
The examination reveals if the birthmark has any characteristics of skin cancer, melanoma, or their future possibility, based on which removal (and subsequent histological analysis) or ongoing follow-up of the birthmark is prescribed. If there is need for regular follow-up, we will remind you of upcoming examinations. This examination is performed for adults as well as children.
- Before attending the examination, consider which skin irregularities or birthmarks you want to have examined.
- Usually the examination includes photographing of 1-3 birthmarks. This is not a whole-body examination where many birthmarks would be examined at once.
- We will receive the results in a couple of days and forward them to you along with our recommendations.
Examination costs 55 euros for the first birthmark, and 15 euros for each consecutive birthmark (up to 3 birthmarks during one reception).
In which cases do we recommend this examination?
- If you have growing and changing birthmarks (bleeding, itching, enlargement)
- If you are concerned about a birthmark, the appearance of which has changed (e.g. asymmetrical or different from others)
- If you have lots of birthmarks and pigmentation spots on your skin
- If your immediate family has a history of skin cancer
- If you have used or are using tanning beds regularly
- If you regularly travel to sunny places and receive large doses of UV radiation
We provide this service
Service: Birthmark examination (Dermtest)