- Intra-articular Synvisc injection
- Kinesio taping
- Joint aspiration and intra-articular injections
- Nerve block
- Injections for excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
Injections for excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis)See available time slots
Sweating is body’s natural reaction and it is affected by genetics, hormonal stages in life (such as menopause), medication, food, and diseases. Excessive sweating, also known as hyperhidrosis, is a condition in which the sweat glands produce more fluid and are needed for the body to regulate heat normally. It usually occurs in young people and can last a lifetime if left untreated. Excessive sweating may occur in the hands, face, underarms or legs. The reasons for this are not exactly, it is a matter of finding a deviation from stress and excitement
The injection into armpits blocks chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands, therefore reducing or nearly stopping sweating for 4-9 months, in some cases up to 12 months. Treatment is suitable for both men and women. Under 18-year-old individuals require a parental consent.
For whom is injection therapy not recommended?
The procedure is not recommended for pregnant women or during breastfeeding, as well as for muscle diseases. Even if a lot of sweating is caused by another disease, such as thyroid disease or diabetes. In this case, the root cause should be treated, not sweating.
Good to know about the treatment
- You need to shave your armpits a few days before the procedure.
- A problematic area is injected, if necessary the area is numbed beforehand with a specific lotion.
- After the procedure, you need to keep the injection location clean, avoid physical activity, sauna, sunbeds, sunbathing and massage in the injected area.
- Procedure is not suitable during pregnancy and breastfeeding, also not suitable for individuals with neuromuscular disorders.
- You will be able to see the maximum effect in two weeks’ time.
We provide this service
Service: Injections for excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis)