An examination of birthmarks gives peace of mind
Melanoma is a very dangerous form of skin cancer, but with early detection, it is treatable. Melanoma can develop from birthmarks; therefore you should track any changes that occur on your skin. If you have any concerns about your birthmarks, come to Confido Private Medical Centre for a teledermoscopic Dermtest, which will help to distinguish between malignant and benign skin growths. A birthmark assessment is necessary for those:
- Who have problematic birthmarks (have become enlarged, the shape has changed, have recently appeared, are bloody, itchy);
- Who have suspected the appearance of their birthmarks have changed;
- Who have a birthmark that is asymmetrical, is darker than other birthmarks and has a different shape than other birthmarks;
- Who has immediate family with cancerous skin lesions;
- Whose risk of melanoma has increased with intensive tanning or continuous visits to a tanning bed.