Spinal and neurosurgery is focused on the surgical treatment of pathologies of the thoracic and lumbar spine. Confido’s lumbar spine surgeon works with our neurologists, pain doctors, radiologists, and rehabilitation specialists to find the best solutions for the patient.
- Spine surgeon's appointment
- Consultation with the neurosurgeon
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Surgical Treatment
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Surgical Treatment of Lumbar Radiculitis or Disc Herniation
- Surgical Treatment of Spinal Stenosis or Narrowing of the Lumbar Canal
Spine surgeon’s appointment
Back pain is one of the most common health problems that can affect daily life and hinder regular activities, including work, sports, and even simple movements. The pain can be sharp or dull, localized or spread across a wider area of the back, and it can be persistent or episodic. Back pain can be caused by several different factors, including:
- Spinal injuries or deformations, such as vertebral displacements or curvatures.
- Muscle or ligament injuries, which can occur due to heavy lifting, excessive exercise, or poor posture.
- Disc wear or herniations, which can result from the natural aging process or heavy strain.
- Other health problems, such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, scoliosis, or rheumatic diseases.
Patients of all ages, including children with any kind of back pain, are welcome to see a spine surgeon or back surgeon. The purpose of the consultation is to diagnose pathology in the thoracic and lumbar spine (lower back pain, disc protrusion, spinal canal stenosis, scoliosis/kyphosis, spondylolisthesis, traumas, osteoporotic fractures). During the consultation, the spine surgeon will develop a high-quality treatment plan for patients or provide a second opinion on an already existing treatment plan. To establish a final diagnosis, the doctor may refer you to further tests, analyses, or procedures.
Confido’s spine surgeon collaborates with our neurologists, pain management specialists, radiologists, and rehabilitation specialists to find the best solutions. If necessary, we also perform surgeries at Confido.