Select the appropriate service from the drop-down menu below
- Vaccination against SARS coronavirus for children
- Nasal flu vaccine (for children aged 2-18)
- SARS coronavirus antibodies rapid test (IgG and IgM)
- SARS coronavirus PCR quick test from nasopharynx
- SARS coronavirus antigen test
- SARS Coronavirus Antibody analysis from venous blood (IgG)
- Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (FIT TO FLY)
- Vaccination against SARS coronavirus
- Employee health check certificate for infectious diseases
- SARS coronavirus PCR test from the nasopharynx
- Travel consultation
- Lyme disease analysis package
- Vaccination against measles, mumps and rubella (as of 12 months old)
- Vaccination against typhus (as of 2 y/o)
- Vaccination against chickenpox (as of 12 months old)
- Vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis
- Vaccination against poliomyelitis
- Vaccination against pneumococcal disease
- Vaccination against meningococcal disease
- Vaccination against rabies (upon ordering vaccine)
- Vaccination against yellow fever
- Vaccination against the flu
- Vaccination against HPV
- Vaccination against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough
- Vaccination against hepatitis B
- Vaccination against hepatitis A
- Vaccination against hepatitis A and B (>16 y/o)
Vaccination against SARS coronavirus for childrenSee available time slots
How does vaccination work?
Confido vaccinates children aged 5 and up. Separate doses and vaccines are prescribed for two age groups: 5-11 year olds and 12-17 year olds.
- Be there PRECISELY at the scheduled time for vaccination. If you arrive late, the patients after you will also be affected.
- A mask must be worn when attending a vaccination. We strongly advise that children also wear a mask. If you have fallen ill, please let us know on 1330.
- Bring your child in for a vaccination at a time when they are not upset or tired.
- The vaccine is injected into a muscle in the upper arm. To ensure a smooth vaccination, we recommend that the child dress so that they may easily expose their upper arm.
- Registration is required before receiving a dose of the vaccine: personal identification will be checked, someone will be available for questions and to hand out a vaccination leaflet to read. You can take the leaflet home with you if you wish.
- We ask the parent to sign a consent form in order to receive the vaccine dose.
- A trained nurse will then administer the vaccine.
- Take into consideration that the child will need to be monitored by a healthcare professional for another 15 minutes after vaccination in the event that they feel unwell afterwards.
- If possible, get your booster shot as a parent and your child’s first vaccination dose at the same time to reduce any anxiety your child may experience.
Please note that some children may experience side effects after vaccination. Therefore, do not plan physical exercise for the child on the day of vaccination.
Which vaccine is used for children?
The Pfizer/BioNTechi Comirnaty vaccine has been approved for 5-11 year olds. This age group receives a smaller quantity compared to adults (10 µg instead of 30 µg) and as two doses. The second vaccine dose is administered six weeks after the first one. The Pfizer vaccine used to vaccinate children is not exactly the same as the Pfizer vaccine used to vaccinate adolescents (aged 12-17) and adults. The Pfizer vaccine for the younger age group is in a separate package.
Estonian experts recommend vaccinating children who have contracted and recovered from COVID-19 in the same way as adults, i.e. with a single dose six months after recovery.
Which vaccine is used for older children?
The Pfizer/BioNTechi Comirnaty or Moderna Spikevax vaccine is used to vaccinate 12-17 year olds.
Why should you vaccinate your children against COVID-19?
Although children have a small chance of becoming seriously ill from COVID-19, they will:
- contract the virus causing COVID-19
- spread COVID-19 to others
- be at risk of both short- and long-term complications
- be at risk of a severe case of COVID-19
Vaccinated children can attend kindergarten, school and leisure activities safely.
We provide this service
Service: Vaccination against SARS coronavirus for children